Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Black sheep, black sheep

Have you any wool?

Yes, Sir. Yes, Sir.

Three bags full!

Photobucket

The Grrlfriend Market Bag by Laura Spradlin, with modifications by FrozenFlame22, knitted up in triplicate for my daughter's three wonderful kindergarten teachers (One teacher, two assistants). Can you believe she's done with kindergarten? I can't!

They are a quick and easy knit - about 4 evenings per, and take 2.5 skeins of regular size Lily Sugar and Cream, or just under 2 skeins of the Super Size skeins. Cute colors and so easy!

Just finished up a shawl with my Optim handspun - haven't figured out how to photograph a dark multi-colored lace shawl. What color background and lighting would be best? Any ideas?

And now a bit of stash-busting - a breezy summer tank for Audrey with the KnitPicks Shine Sport in Hydrangea left over from the 2008 baby blanket for Nancy's daughter. After that - some fiber stash-busting during the Tour de Fleece, and some sock stash busting over vacation (are we sensing a theme here?). I could theoretically knit to the end of the year from only stash and yarn spun from stash, but I'd be mostly limited to socks and lace. I don't think I'll do it, but I would like to make a good dent before I fall in love with any sweater patterns for the winter (which would require new yarn - I don't have any sweater quantities of anything good in stash. For me at least. Audrey's going to be wearing a lot of vests this fall. Yeah, I wish.)

So now, back to Star Trek and the tank top! I'd like to finish it up before the Tour.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

The bags are lovely! And I am sure you will bust that stash. . .but I hope you don't bust a sag while you're at it! lol Ask Annie. . .

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home