Sunday, January 08, 2012

Week 2/52: January 8th

Weight: Goal + 8.5 lbs
Knitting: the Vitamin D sweater is done and blocking! One Vellamo sock is done, the other is up to the gusset.

Cooking: the Moroccan Lentil Soup last week - delicious! I'll make that ohttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifne again, for sure.

Something new: back crossovers. I'm taking ice skating lessons. I've been skating since ...I don't know... kindergarten? I remember my Dad taking me to a frozen pond on double runner skates. After that we went as a family to the RIT rink, later they would drop me off with my friends on a weekend afternoon. But I never had lessons. Over the years, I've taught myself how to skate forwards and backwards, front crossovers and to turn around while moving. I want to learn more though, and also how to do things "properly". This session, the Rocky River rec center is offering adult lessons, so there I am!

1 Comments:

Blogger Batty said...

Wow. I've always wanted to skate but never had the balance for it. It looks so wonderful, like flying across the ice. I hope you love your lessons.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home