Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Something Completely Different

I knit much faster than I blog, in case you haven't noticed. Since my last post I have completed 1/2 a sweater vest! Twice.

Sigh. I did swatch, I swear it. But I shimmied into the body when I had about 10 inches done and it was TIGHT. Not 2 inches of ease like I had planned. More like 2 inches of negative ease. Which isn't such a pretty look in worsted weight (my opinion. YMMV).

Since my last couple of projects have been socks, socks, lace, and children's hat/scarf/sweater, I decided to put off the Northern Lights mittens for a while (like maybe until next summer/fall) and pull out the Kureyon I've been stashing since that big sale last summer. Such pretty earthy colors! Such "real wool" feel in the hands - a little rough, but with promises of warmth and cool fall hikes in the Metroparks. I've got it all planned out (in my head) - corrugated ribbing at the hips and neckline, a deep V-neck, slight waist shaping.

So I cast on Feb. 27:
By March 1st it was really taking shape:

And here it is on March 3rd:
But the good news is tonight (March 6th) it is looking pretty much like it did on March 1st, just on larger needles. And since Spring is showing no signs of visiting Cleveland any time soon, I may even get to wear it once or twice this winter before packing it away for the summer.

I've already got bit by a bug for the next project (or projects) too: I want a Faroese shawl. I just this weekend decided I HAD to have a shawl that doesn't fall off my shoulders. I'm ignoring the fact that I would not generally describe myself as a "lace" person. I just want that shawl. Now to pick a pattern - I'm leaning towards one of Sivia Hardings - maybe Follow the Leader? Lacy, but not too "girly".

And then there's a pregnant friend at work - Team Pink! Need to find the perfect girl baby blanket that's also not too "girly" (she's not a pink lace kind of woman).

And socks! I need more socks!

Time! I need more time!
Later all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home