Saturday, March 31, 2007

These socks rock!

I promised my next post would be an FO - I just didn't say whose FO it would be!
I did finish the Kureyon vest, even wore it to work last week (got a thumbs up from the co-workers), but we haven't had weather this last week warm and sunny enough for any outdoor photography.

The FO du jour - my SockPal socks arrived today courtesy of Stephie26 - terrific little pattern that works well with the variegated colors. They fit perfectly - thanks Stephanie!
And, the package included another skein of Socks that Rock so I can try them for myself! Woot - my first Rockin Socks! I've heard so many good things about this yarn, I can't wait to use it!

On the needles now (but not pictured) - Feather and Fan socks in Colinette Jitterug Castagna. Looks oddly camoflague colored. But, the lace on top offsets that army look I think.

Spring is verrrrry slowly descending on Cleveland - the bulbs are coming up and look ready to burst any day now and the weeds are in full force. Trees are budding and tiny leaves are making their appearances. The forsythia is bursting with yellow flowers. We don't have a forsythia, but our neighbors do, and it is bursting. We planted a dwarf peach tree today - yum, here come peaches! It's an Elberta type, which is supposed to be a very pretty tree too, in case the deer eat all the fruit, we'll still have something nice to look at.

So, it's time to put away the heavy wool and break out the summer projects. New socks (several pair I think), a Faroese shawl, and a baby blanket.

Later!

1 Comments:

Blogger Batty said...

Beautiful socks! And I absolutely adore that STR colorway. So pretty, so tempting. Have fun!

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home