Monday, September 01, 2008

Knitted Starghan

I finished the Starghan, with only weeks to spare before Michelle's baby is born. Now I'm frantically putting ears on Elijah, a little gift for the soon-to-be big sister.

Here's the blanket!

starghan, knit

Details:
Pattern: my own! The crochet version of this is quite popular, but I prefer knitting. I wasn't able to find a knitted pattern online, so I figured it out myself. I plan to write it up and post it on Ravelry as soon as I finish Elijah.
Yarn: Bernat Baby Softee, 4 skeins
Needles: US6. I started on DPNs, then moved to 24" and 36" circulars as the blanket grew.
Time to finish: 3 weeks once I figured out how to do it.

Back to the needles - just 1.5 ears to go! Due date is T+30 days, but baby #1 came 3 weeks early, so I figure I'd better get this done by the end of the week.

2 Comments:

Blogger chemgrrl said...

Pretty!

Have fun with Elijah. He's a great little knit.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Kayt said...

That is amazing! I am thinking of doing this blanket up for a friend of mine who just had a baby. Is it a quick knit? Just wondering :)

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home