Monday, April 13, 2009

I did not eat the green jelly bean

See? I can learn. (scroll down to the May 5, 2007 entry). I actually think there is too much candy in the house right now. I can't believe I am saying that.

I spent last month working on Early Spring socks; my knitting group picked a Spring KAL for "any socks with "spring" in the pattern name.

Early Spring
Pattern: Early Spring
Designer: Janice Kang, for Crystal Palace Yarn
Yarn: Collinette Jitterbug, "Elephant's Daydream"
Needles: US 1
Mods: none

I spun:


Nistock Farms Maple Walnut
and
I heart felt pink roving

The brown is some wonderful natural color fine wool top from Nistock Farms in color "Maple Walnut". The second is merino roving from Iheartfelt.com, a gift from highlanddancemom03 (Sarah R), who sent me this lovely pink fluffyness during the Knitty '07 summer SP round. I've been saving it until I felt I could spin a little finer than I have in the past. Not quite laceweight - more like a light fingering weight. A little underplied, but not too bad. I'm pretty happy with it - 147 yds from the ounce!

Spring knitting? I decided to take a serious stab at my stash. I'm going to convert as much of my "charity" stash to actual FO's for charity as possible. This would be all the 400 - 800 yd lots of worsted wool I've picked up over the years. First: the knitted guernsey pullover from Better Homes and Gardens in Paton's Classic Merino Wool (burgundy). I altered the pattern to work completely in the round, to the shoulders (steeked sleeves), and I am cranking! Entire body finished in one week, and sleeves should be finished by week 2. Next up: a fair isle pullover with Lamb's Pride.

DH is out of town again this week - what will break now? Anyone want to guess?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home