Monday, July 31, 2006

These fish are fast,
These fish are speedy....


I've started my first Pomatomus socks and I have have to say I'm amazed at how fast they are going! In just three days, I completed the entire leg and the heel flap. It helps that I am using size 2 needles of course (I usually use size 0 for socks). The picture above is two days old now, and I have now finished the rest of the heel and am into the foot. This part, not so fast. Turning the heel and working a gusset goes much much slower than a short row heel. On the plus side, I don't have any little holes in my sock around the ankle though.

Otherwise, it is just plain hot here. Humidex over 100F. Not enjoying it. My mom called last night to find out if we had power. They saw on the news that Cleveland had blackouts yesterday. News to me! But this morning we saw in the paper that Westlake had done a couple of rolling blackouts while we were at work. I don't think they did our neighborhood - all the digital clocks were still showing the right time.

Too hot for the kids to play outside at the daycare either. They've been keeping them inside all day and letting them run races in the hallways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home