Saturday, April 14, 2007

Kureyon Deep V Vest



Kureyon Deep V Vest
Pattern: my own
Yarn: Noro Kureyon, Color 148, 4.5 skeins; Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted (Onyx), < style="text-align: left;">Pattern Notes: This is my first self-designed garment for an adult. I wanted to accomplish a few things with this project: use the Kureyon in my stash that I picked up last summer on sale. Not enough for a sweater (I bought 7 skeins - all the store had), I decided on a vest. Learn steeking. I wanted waist shaping, shoulder shaping (short row), and a three-needle bind off on the shoulders (I hate bulky shoulder seams). Corrugated ribbing.

I'm really happy with how this turned out! I had to frog about halfway through because my gauge was tighter than my swatch, and I didn't want skintight, but otherwise, just lots of math and it all worked out. Steeking wasn't nearly as scary as I expected (I used crochet reinforced, Knit Picks Palette for the binding yarn), and the shoulders came out just like I wanted. I used steeks for the neckline (front and back), and the armholes.