Saturday, May 05, 2007

I ate the jellybeans

They were over a year old. And I'm still alive to tell about it.

My daughter has (finally!) finished eating her Easter candy. I'm getting tired of the plastic eggs rolling all over the kitchen counter for the last month (empty eggs go on the counter, full eggs stay in the basket until eaten), so I told her that when the candy was all gone, she should put the empty eggs back in the basket, put the basket on the porch, and call the Easter Bunny to come pick up the basket. Then he would store the basket until next Easter for us, and bring it back full.

Genius me forgot to check the weather forecast today. Strong southerly winds. Basket blew across the porch, jammed under the railing, and a dozen plastic eggs were launched over the edge. Plastic grass decorates the arborvitae. Fortunately, this is not visible from the window. After she went upstairs to change this evening, I went on an Easter Egg hunt. Found all the eggs - and one was still full! Oh joy - candy for me!!! I have a terrible sweet tooth. As the first jellybeans enter my mouth, I see the black licorice bean in my hand and I think "there shouldn't be any black beans in the "tropical smoothie" flavor mix. Then it dawns on me that there were black beans LAST year. This egg got overlooked last year, buried in the plastic easter grass. Got overlooked when we emptied the basket to refill it this Easter. Got overlooked when Audrey was pulling out candy each night for her dessert. Got overlooked until I dug it out from under a lilac bush tonight and tossed the contents in my mouth. Ick.

Nothing much fiber-y happening lately. I'm waiting on my Zephyr wool-silk laceweight to start the Faroese, and can't motivate myself to pick up anything else in the meantime. Slow mail (I know, I get what I pay for - it was free shipping) - I ordered it a week and a half ago. It did ship out earlier this week though, I got a nice update email from the seller. I think they are clear across the country though, so a delay is to be expected. I've been practicing with my spindle on the light blue roving and I think I'm getting more even. I won't know for sure until I ply it though.

Sorry, no pretty pictures today. Wish I could do better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home