Thursday, August 09, 2007

It is over

Zoey died last Saturday morning at 10:30 a.m. I petted her as the vet gave the injection. She was calm.

The hardest thing is not her absence in the house - I knew right away there would be no more food dish, no litter box. It's the little changes in routine - the door to the guest bedroom left open (she wasn't allowed to sleep in there), the door to the laundry room closed (no need for access to the litter box). And so quiet. I didn't appreciate how many little noises she made throughout the day.

I feel better now that it is over. No more agonizing, no second guessing if now is the right time. It is over. There is no changing my mind. I know it was the right time. To spare her suffering.

Keeping very busy this week with work, and planning Audrey's birthday party next Saturday. I'm sewing backpacks for a crew of Dora's to go exploring in the back yard.

And spinning - I just plied the CTH watercolors tonight. Pics later.

I'm ready for a vacation, and the fall. It really hasn't been a good summer this year. Time to knit something warm, cozy, and substantial.

1 Comments:

Blogger chemgrrl said...

I'm so sorry about your kitty. It's the everyday things that really get us, isn't it? Knit something warm and cozy for yourself, and try to feel better.

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home