Monday, September 10, 2007

Jaywalkers

Jaywalker socks are finished! A quick knit - each sock took about 8 days, with about a month rest between them (life got in the way). I like the way this yarn worked with these socks - there was some pooling in the stockinette sections on the sole of the foot, but in the leg section, just short stretches of color. I ended up staying with the original needle size - recall I was worried it would be too tight in the ankle. Remembering that yarn tends to stretch with wearing and washing, I stuck with it and am pleased to say they were quite comfortable in their maiden wearing today.

Jaywalkers

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Pattern: Jaywalkers (by Grumperina for Magknits)
Yarn: Brown Sheep Wildfoote in Lilac Desert
Needles: US1 bamboo


Bud Watch

You know, I think this plant is trying to flower. I'm not sure, because no house plant of mine has ever done that before, but I'm keeping an eye on it just in case.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home