Monday, September 03, 2007

Squee!

I have the best SP! Look what was waiting for me when I got home from vacation:


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Mixed Berries, some hot pink roving,

And...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Snacks! Pomegranate hot tea, instant iced tea (blueberry and peach), fruit gummy snacks, orange chocolate, and a box of votive candles in an intense "Midnight Bloom" scent. Which translates into (French?) as "Plante Carnivore". Carnivorous plant. Not quite as romantic as midnight bloom, but more practical from a personal safety point of view.

Sense a theme here? I think this is Fruits and Berries month! In addition there was a "merlot" tinted lip gloss. (Think grapes)

What a lucky girl I am! My SP has really outdone herself - I need to "pass it on" and hit the shops for my downstream too - one more package to go!

And in spinning news:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I got about 200 yds of 2 ply yarn from my 4 oz of roving.

I finished (almost) my second Jaywalker sock over vacation. All that's left is to Kitchener closed the toe. Next post, I suppose.

Up next? Yikes, so many choices! I ordered the yarn (Andean Silk) for the Minimalist Cardigan (IK Fall 2007) and it arrived Saturday. But then, I have this new sock yarn to drool on, as well as some equally drool-worthy STR sock yarn from the Sock Swap this past spring. I bought 3 more skeins of sock yarn over the summer - tofutsies, Crystal Palace cotton, and Regia Bamboo - but those are going to wait until late in the winter, to be ready for cool summer socks. Rummaging through my list of projects to do - I see a couple of quick scarves and hats that I may push ahead of the cardigan. Oh yeah, I promised Audrey a new winter sweater too.
And there's still plenty of fiber to spin!

Later!

1 Comments:

Blogger chemgrrl said...

Well, you're a lucky duck. I'm drooling over the roving, and I don't even spin. Speaking of spinning, your yarn looks great too. What are you going to make out of it?

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home