Saturday, October 13, 2007

September SP package

I just received my last SP package from Sarah R., aka highlanddancemom03 on Knittyboard. She has been a great SP this Fall - I love all the stuff she sent me! This month's theme was "My favorite things", in which she sent me all my favorite things! There is a package of caramel apple kit - just add butter and cream to make the caramel apple sauce, stick in your apples, and cool. I bet this is going to be miles better than the caramel sheets I bought at the store last week. Remember "Wrapples"? Same product, different brand. I haven't seen an authentic box of "Wrapples" in years. Possibly decades. A Toblerone bar (must hide from DH), Lindor truffles (already scarfed up by DH), and sesame candies (inhaled by me while unpacking the rest of the package).

Two books - one by Margaret Atwood (one of my favorite authors), and "At knit's end" by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (aka Yarn Harlot), and some bookplates to mark my favorite books by.

A little bottle of "Tiber River" hand lotion, which was developed to honor the IIHF World Women's Hockey Championship team. It's winter white and minty.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And yarn.... Oh the yarn! 100% baby llama in a deep grape purple color. You cannot believe how soft this yarn is. Possibly even softer than alpaca. I love it. It is from Peru, and called Mirasol Miski.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thanks Sarah!

Knitting Update (yes, I have been doing something other than accumulating yarn for my stash).

The back and the left side of the Minimalist Cardi are finished, and I am several inches into the right side. I have a heck-lacious business trip coming up next Wednesday - 12 hours in a car with 2 co-workers (6 hours each direction). We leave at dawn and return before midnight (I hope). Except for my shift driving though, I should be able to get some knitting in.

That's all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home