Friday, December 21, 2007

Minimalist Cardigan - finished!

It's finally finished! Begun September 17th, finished seaming about 2 weeks ago. First wearing - to work the day of our Holiday party. Such a yummy squishy sweater! The guard hairs in the yarn are too itchy for me to wear this with a sleeveless shell like the model in the magazine, but I like the way it looks with a skinny turtleneck too.
Minimalist complete


Pattern: Minimalist Cardigan
Designer: Ruth Nussbaum
Source: Interweave Knits, Fall 2007
Yarn: Knit Picks Andean Silk in Cranberry, 11 skeins (for 35.5" size)
Needles: US 8.

Pattern mods and lessons learned: do not attempt moss stitch in a dark, moving car. You will have to frog that section. Added selvedge stitches to side to assist in seaming.

Woot! I am all done with my sweater!

Happy Holidays everyone!

4 Comments:

Blogger DeltaDawn said...

Ooooh - it looks greeat! I finished mine in November, and seeing all the other ones in solid colors makes me think I'll be making another soon!

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its fantastic, and I completely agree with you about the selvedge stitches.

6:37 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Festive and lovely. Nice job!

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Great tip about the selvedge stitches. I'm about to embark on this sweater, and glad for the pointers I'm finding out there from fellow knitters.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home