Thursday, January 17, 2008

Sanity has returned

After thinking just a little more, I decided that making Audrey a Valentine's sweater would actually be a pretty dumb idea. It would take most of the next month to make, and she would only be able to wear it for about 2 more months before the weather gets a little too warm for a wool sweater. And it won't fit next year, I'm pretty sure.

How fast is she growing, you ask? In one year (1/17/2007 to 1/17/2008), this much:

drum roll please.....

3.675 inches

Taa Daaaa! It's the amazing stretching preschooler! Holy cow, I knew the marks on the wall were getting farther apart, but wow - that's a lot of growth. No wonder her legs always hurt.

So, moving ahead with my stash-busting goals, I cast on for the Booga Bag. I've got 2.5 skeins of Kureyon left over from last year, a little short of the 3 called for in the pattern. I'm also working on size 10 needles instead of 10.5 (my 10.5's are too long), and using size US8 for the i-cord, cause those are my biggest dpns. I figure, I'm going to felt it. Whats a little gauge between friends? (Insert ominous music here). Our washer is dropping hints that it may not be long for this world, and since we have pretty much decided to replace it with one of those high-efficiency front loaders when it dies, I want to get the felting project out of the way. I'm not a huge fan of felting, so if this is my last project, I'll live.

booga bag

After this, who knows? Mom's birthday is March 1st - maybe a pair of socks? Or else lace (for me. She got a lace scarf in 2006.) Or maybe focus on spinning for a bit. It's all good.

We'll see what happens. I'll have a lot of knitting time next week - DH is going out of town and I always have trouble going to sleep when he's not here. Nervous about the night I guess.

Later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home