Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Spring is here!

I know this because there was a ladybug on the ceiling at dinner last night, and the kitchenette at work had quite a few of those teeny tiny ants near the coffee pot. Ahhh, critters.

So, only 2 weeks after a record snowy March storm, spring has finally crept up on us. And like spring, so creeps the WIPs. Despite my best efforts, I now have 3 WIPs. The quilt - I'm doing quite well with the border strips. The center blocks need to be started over. They are just a disaster. I started a summer sweater for Audrey in Plymouth jeannee - a 50/50 cotton/acrylic worsted yarn. And a woodworking project - I ordered a lazy Kate and bobbins to help with plying last Friday night and it arrived Tuesday! Now that's fast shipping - considering it had to travel from California to Ohio. Kudos to Villagespinweave.com for getting it out the door less than 24 hours after I ordered it. I bought the "unfinished" kate and bobbins though, so it's into the basement for me for some sanding and Minwaxing. I was tempted to assemble it and start plying right away, then take it apart later to finish it, but the assembly screws look like they would best be left in place once tightened.

No pictures today - I can't get motivated to take a lot of pictures of partially finished stuff.

Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home